Hello to all!
Is it seriously already September? It’s Labor Day weekend here in the U.S. and we are enjoying an unbelievably pleasant and slow Monday morning: waffle and coffee breakfast, late summer sunshine, 12 hours of laziness (library books, neighborhood strolls, backyard BBQ and grocery shopping) ahead of us.
I’ve started two new jobs recently, and have been caught up in late night work, training, informational interviews, and laundry loads the past two months. I’ve hardly noticed the summer is almost gone.
I’m also still unsure of what’s going to happen to this blog. I’m much less connected to what’s going on in Moscow than I was. Do I change the blog name? The blog content? I’m unsure of what that change would look like, and haven’t been able to devote much time to thinking about it. I’m also still feeling a tiny bit of a culture shock identity crisis, which makes it hard to settle on a writing focus. AND, now that we’re back in the U.S. it feels like everyone has a blog – why would I add to the noise? And what would I talk about? Do we really need more book reviews? Another mommy blog?
Meanwhile, I’m still posting pretty regularly on Twitter, if that’s the sort of thing you’re into. Until I can figure it all out, if you’re still looking for some Russia, etc. links, you can follow my account on Twitter.
And how are all of you? If I continue writing, what sorts of posts would you like to see here?
For now, a few links for those looking to browse online this weekend…
- Tea, weightlifting, and BBQ = Putin and Medvedev’s perfect date. See? Everything’s fine in Russia. This is something that actually happened.
- Just stumbled on the gorgeous work of this Russian artist online. Isn’t Irina Vasilieva’s painting beautiful? I love her New Year’s tree piece.
- Reading this – excellent. Review to follow soon!
- This (from the library) is next on my list.
- A gorgeous ballet video for all you fellow fans
- We have been watching this show (free on Amazon Prime!) So so SO good!
- I need to get some winter boots. Any recommendations for something affordable that you can dress up with a skirt but still stay warm in while sloshing through puddles and snow? Like this, but warmer…?
- Isn’t this a beautiful shirt?
- Also, the refugee crisis in Europe (and elsewhere!) is heart breaking. Here are a few ideas for helping: here and here.