It has been much too long. My posts are becoming more and more sporadic. In a big life transition I’m finding it hard to narrow my focus. We no longer live in Moscow, so the main themes of this blog are no longer as relevant to me, and blog post ideas are no longer coming as quickly and naturally as they did. I’m not sure if this space is going to transition into something else, or fade out entirely. Right now most of the topics I’m focused on have to do with Minnesota, transition, literature, journalism, reverse culture shock, job hunting, immigration, suburbia, etc. I’m hoping I’ll have some more answers and more focus soon, but at this point I’m just not able to make a decision.
And until things get figured out, boy do I have a lot of fantastic links to share with you!
Also, I just want to remind you that it’s the last day of April. Spring (and soon summer!) are here, people! I hope your weekend is full of green…!
- Estonian interiors (for your weekly dose of post-Soviet nostalgia)
- How to respond to beggars (do you agree?)
- The only parenting advice you really need
- Relationship Ted talks (should you need a podcast to listen to on any walks/bike rides you take this weekend)
- How Putin starts his morning (ha!)
- Free CUNY journalism classes online!
- a ballet dancer offstage with a camera
- Did you hear about poor old Gilbert Blythe?
- This looks like a good book.
- Currently reading this, along with pretty much everybody else
- I loved this interview with a former White House Press Secretary – worth a read
Last but not least, I want to get a bike. But the choices are overwhelming! Does anyone have a good recommendation of what sort of bike to get?? Also, where to get it?